Friday, April 13, 2007

Other Assessments

NeuroLinguistic Programming Style:
My primary interacting strategy is "auditory" which I find odd. I would consider myself more visual. One of the things I notice about myself is that I read everything. I read every sign I pass that most people wouldn't even notice. I'm terribly directionally challenged and can't really follow a map. I need written directions to get to most places unless I've been there MANY times before. Knowing these things about myself, I wonder if "auditory" ties in because as I read things, I'm reading them "aloud" in my head.

My Personal Work Style (DISC):
I was highest on D with a 29 and C came in second with 25. This means that although I am not compulsive, I make decisions easily and am comfortable taking the lead. I'm also very logical and set high-expectations for organizations.

Tieger Assessment of Personality Type (TAPT):
My letters were ESTJ. I'm definitely more of an "extrovert." I'm not shy and it's an effort for me to keep things to myself. I'm very social and find it easy to share things about myself. I'm not so sure I agree with the s for "sensers" because although I work well with spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and data, I'm pretty good at seeing the big picture and maintaining relationships. I agree with being a "thinker" because I am pretty logical and I am able to base my decisions on logic rather than how I personally feel. What is logically fair is something that I've noticed is important to me. The "judgers" fits me. I do a new To Do List everynight before I leave work. I keep several calendars and am very organized. I'm more of a "go with the flow" when it comes to my personal life.

4 comments:

Debra Davenport said...

Fabulous job on your blog! Exactly on target!

Dr. D.

Anonymous said...

Now if only I can figure out how to reply to your comment, I'd be in good shape.

lisahub401 said...

Hi Christine I also scored D, I relate to you on decision making and being a leader.I enjoy your blog. Keep up the good work

Jenny said...

Hi Chris, got into your blog finally. really interesting reads here, seems to be many different ways to look at your communication styles, and may come in handy with my own job!