Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Conflict Management Style

Apparently I'm an Accomodating Teddy Bear. The interesting thing is that in second place, I am a Competing/Forcing Shark, Collaborating Owl, and a Compromising Fox; a three way tie. Something that I've always found fairly unique about myself is that my two best subjects in school have always been math and English. Most people are either good at math or English, but not both. It has something to do with the left or right side of your brain being dominant. I wonder if there is any correlation between the left/right brain balance and the three way tie.

After reading all of the points under each style, I would classify myself as more of a Compromising Fox. I notice parts of me that I can associate with in almost every category. I am really not the Competing Shark although I am goal orientated. The one category that absolutely does not describe me is the Avoiding Turtle. I suppose that makes sense because if I have to give up my personal goals to make the personal relationship work than the personal relationship isn’t worth it.

No comments: