Tuesday, May 1, 2007

iLinc Session/Group Work

Well, our group had the iLinc session last night (three of our group members). It was actually pretty comical. When Dr. D sent the iLinc invitation emails to us, mine and Elva’s came back to her as undeliverable so she forwarded us her email invitation. When we entered the session through her forwarded email invitation, both of us showed up as the instructor. So both Elva and I were Debra Davenport last night. It was quite confusing. At one point I thought Dr. D had actually signed on when Elva signed in. I was cracking up because Elva actually asked if someone was playing a joke on us. Matt and I were at least able to get our microphones working but that almost made communication even worse. When Matt would talk into his microphone it would come through just fine. When I would talk into my mic, there was a delay in time so I kept saying, “Matt, are you there?” Then he would finally hear my voice come through and start to respond to what I said 15 seconds ago, and at the same time, I’d start talking about something new. It was fun to at least try it out and we had a good laugh over trying to figure out who was talking.

I’m feeling a little better about the group work now that most of our members have completed their parts. One of our members has had some unexpected personal emergencies that have prevented her from participating. Since we know things like this happen, we all agreed it would be a good idea to give her until Wednesday to put something forward for the group assignment. Matt and Elva both offered to pitch in to complete her part if she ends up not being able to participate.

No comments: